Sunday, September 7, 2014

Projects, projects, projects


Wow, it's hard to believe that I've not posted since June. I have been drawing though. The picture above proves it.

It was an unreasonably busy summer with little time to draw. I know, I know, excuses, excuses. I had all these story ideas buzzing about in my head so what little time I did carve out went to writing those down. I love drawing outfits, but books, ah books, they're my true love.

Poor lonely Bloggy. I'll do my best to pay attention to you again.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley.

    Your composition looks amazing. I like that you left space to show the size of a store.

    I like your brown color line that you use to outline characters and objects. The line looks quite perfect. I've tried to do the same with a very thin brush but it did not work :) Do you also use a thin brush for watercolours or you use just a nib of an ink pen?

    Roma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roma,

      I've discovered the coloured Pigma Micron pens. That's the brown line and some other little colours for the outlines. Otherwise, I use very small brushes for the details.

      Thanks for your reply!
      -Ashley

      Delete
  2. I love the expression on both of their faces! Your illustrations always impress me! Can't wait to see more. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ran across your blog. You are an amazing illustrator. I love books too. I am writing childrens books and trying to get published. Have a great and productive day!

    ReplyDelete